- Investment Opportunities
- FREE Training Videos
- Mortgage Investing
- Video Series – Into To Hassle-Free Cashflow Investing Philosophy
- INTRO PART 1 – Intro To Hassle-Free Cashflow Investing
- INTRO PART 2 – Learning real estate investing vocabulary
- INTRO PART 3 – Get Higher Returns with Less Invested
- INTRO PART 4 – Getting From Where You Are To Where You Want to Be
- INTRO PART 5 – Taking The Hassle Out Of Your Real Estate Investing
- INTRO PART 6 – Formulas – Using Arbitrage To Increase ROI
- INTRO PART 7 – Understanding Leverage Ratio
- INTRO PART 8 – Calculating ROI Using Leverage Ratio And Arbitrage Spread
- INTRO PART 9 – Increasing Arbitrage Spread Magnifies ROI
- INTRO PART 10 – Property, Location, Team, Financing, and Expectations
- INTRO PART 11 – How To Make Money With Real Estate Investing
- INTRO Part 13 – Are Passive Investments in Real Estate Right for You?
- Video Series – Real Estate Math
- Lesson 1 – Calculating Return on Investment
- Lesson 2 – How and When to Use ROI (return on investment)
- Lesson 3: Calculating Gross Scheduled Income, Adjusted Gross Income, Net Operating Income
- Lesson 4: Calculating Operating Expenses
- Lesson 5: Calculating Capitalization Rate
- Lesson 6 – Calculating Interest Rate
- Video Series – Real Estate Investor Training Webinars
- Secrets of Self-Storage Investing
- Real Estate Collection Agency Secrets For Improving Your Real Estate Profits
- Chasing Infinite Returns with Real Estate Investor Financing
- How to Build Your FICO and Use It for Real Estate Profits
- Cash Management Strategies for Real Estate Investors
- Partnering for Profit
- Introduction to NNN Lease Commercial Real Estate Investing
- Cashflow Investing for Prosperity and Happiness
- Cashflow Investing Strategies for Recessionary and Inflationary Times
- Creating Your Life By Design
- Keys to Successful Property Management
- Tackling Success: From the NFL to Professional Investor With Professional Athlete Terrence Robinson
- Strategies for Protecting Your Income and Wealth from Rising Inflation
- Video Series – Tax / Accounting / Self-Directed IRA Investing
- A Real Estate Investor’s Comparison of IRA, ROTH IRA, and 401(k)
- Tax Planning Strategies For Cashflow Real Estate Investors
- Year End Tax Strategies for Business Owners and Real Estate Investors
- Using A Self-Directed IRA to Create Hassle-Free Cashflow
- The Ultimate Tax SmackDown Event: Solo(k) versus IRA
- Back to Basics Bookkeeping For Real Estate Investors and Business Owners
- Using A Self-Directed IRA When Your Income is High But Your Balance Is Low
- Taxmaggedon: tax strategies to Protect Yourself From Tomorrow’s Taxes!
- Creating Powerful Retirement Accounts for Business Owners & Real Estate Investors
- Falling in Love with Real Estate Bookkeeping
- Real Estate Investor Tax Deductions and Investing Strategies
- Why Do Hassle-Free Cashflow Investors Love Texas Real Estate
- Hassle-Free Cashflow Investing Secrets
- Hassle-Free Cashflow Lending Secrets
- How to Avoid UDFI Taxes When Investing in Real Estate with your IRA
- Eight Best Kept Secrets About Investing with your IRA
- A Guide to 1031 Exchanges
- Top 20 Things Every Business Owner Needs to Know
- Recordkeeping: Keep the Receipt or Lose the Deduction
- Managing Your Properties with QuickBooks
- Powerful Cash Management Strategies
- 17 Steps to a Successful Joint Venture
- Get a Fast Fifteen Points on Your Credit Report
- 12 Warning Signs You’re Headed For A Lawsuit With Your Partner
- choosing entity type
- 8 Steps to a Payment Agreement
- Negotiate Better Lender Terms
- Foreclosure Process
Real Estate Investing Advice For New Investors
By David Campbell On 05/10/2013 · Leave a Comment · In Cashflow Investing, Investment Training, personal development
Want Help With Your Real Estate Investing?
There are so many ways to make money in real estate investing it can be challenging to know where to start and where to focus. To make matters worse, the rules of real estate investing are constantly changing based on market conditions, geography and most importantly …. YOU as an investor are constantly changing. I frequently say “There is no such thing as a good or bad investment. There are only investments that are appropriate or inappropriate for your situation and timing.” If you’d like to know where you are going and what to invest in, it is essential to have a clearly defined personal investment philosophy.
To develop or redevelop your personal investment strategy, here are a few key questions to ask yourself:
Write down which of these Eight Essential Resources you have an abundance of and which resources you are lacking.
- Credit / Credibility
- Control over deal flow
Click HERE if you’d like to learn more about how to use your eight essential resources in your real estate investing.
Are you investing for capital gains or for cashflow?
How much cashflow do you realistically need to “get out of the rat race”?
Are you investing for pride of ownership, philanthropy or another intrinsic motivation other than profit?
How active do you plan to be in the management of your investments? hands on? totally passive? managing the managers?
How close do you need the properties to be to where you live? Within an hour? Within a day’s drive? Within the US? Within any English speaking country?
How much capital are you willing to invest in real estate in total?
How much capital are you willing to invest in each specific deal?
What type of real estate do you want to own? houses? retail? apartments? self-storage? mobile homes? condos? farm land? etc.
How long are you willing to wait to go from cash to asset and back to cash?
What types of investments do you consider risky for your situation? What types of investments do you consider safe for your situation? Is it really true?
What kinds of investments would keep you awake at night? (CLUE- make sure you don’t buy this kind.)
Click HERE if you’d like to read about the difference in personal investment philosophy between an investor and a trader.
If you’d like help refining your personal investment philosophy you may CLICK THIS LINK to schedule a no-cost personalized investment strategy consultation with with professional investor David Campbell. David became a multi-millionaire while working as a high school band director and investing in real estate part-time. David has a heart for teaching new and part time investors how to create financial independence through the vehicle of real estate investing.
Keyword: real estate investing
Tagged with: Real estate investing