- Investment Opportunities
- FREE Training Videos
- Mortgage Investing
- Video Series – Into To Hassle-Free Cashflow Investing Philosophy
- INTRO PART 1 – Intro To Hassle-Free Cashflow Investing
- INTRO PART 2 – Learning real estate investing vocabulary
- INTRO PART 3 – Get Higher Returns with Less Invested
- INTRO PART 4 – Getting From Where You Are To Where You Want to Be
- INTRO PART 5 – Taking The Hassle Out Of Your Real Estate Investing
- INTRO PART 6 – Formulas – Using Arbitrage To Increase ROI
- INTRO PART 7 – Understanding Leverage Ratio
- INTRO PART 8 – Calculating ROI Using Leverage Ratio And Arbitrage Spread
- INTRO PART 9 – Increasing Arbitrage Spread Magnifies ROI
- INTRO PART 10 – Property, Location, Team, Financing, and Expectations
- INTRO PART 11 – How To Make Money With Real Estate Investing
- INTRO Part 13 – Are Passive Investments in Real Estate Right for You?
- Video Series – Real Estate Math
- Lesson 1 – Calculating Return on Investment
- Lesson 2 – How and When to Use ROI (return on investment)
- Lesson 3: Calculating Gross Scheduled Income, Adjusted Gross Income, Net Operating Income
- Lesson 4: Calculating Operating Expenses
- Lesson 5: Calculating Capitalization Rate
- Lesson 6 – Calculating Interest Rate
- Video Series – Real Estate Investor Training Webinars
- Secrets of Self-Storage Investing
- Real Estate Collection Agency Secrets For Improving Your Real Estate Profits
- Chasing Infinite Returns with Real Estate Investor Financing
- How to Build Your FICO and Use It for Real Estate Profits
- Cash Management Strategies for Real Estate Investors
- Partnering for Profit
- Introduction to NNN Lease Commercial Real Estate Investing
- Cashflow Investing for Prosperity and Happiness
- Cashflow Investing Strategies for Recessionary and Inflationary Times
- Creating Your Life By Design
- Keys to Successful Property Management
- Tackling Success: From the NFL to Professional Investor With Professional Athlete Terrence Robinson
- Strategies for Protecting Your Income and Wealth from Rising Inflation
- Video Series – Tax / Accounting / Self-Directed IRA Investing
- A Real Estate Investor’s Comparison of IRA, ROTH IRA, and 401(k)
- Tax Planning Strategies For Cashflow Real Estate Investors
- Year End Tax Strategies for Business Owners and Real Estate Investors
- Using A Self-Directed IRA to Create Hassle-Free Cashflow
- The Ultimate Tax SmackDown Event: Solo(k) versus IRA
- Back to Basics Bookkeeping For Real Estate Investors and Business Owners
- Using A Self-Directed IRA When Your Income is High But Your Balance Is Low
- Taxmaggedon: tax strategies to Protect Yourself From Tomorrow’s Taxes!
- Creating Powerful Retirement Accounts for Business Owners & Real Estate Investors
- Falling in Love with Real Estate Bookkeeping
- Real Estate Investor Tax Deductions and Investing Strategies
- Why Do Hassle-Free Cashflow Investors Love Texas Real Estate
- Hassle-Free Cashflow Investing Secrets
- Hassle-Free Cashflow Lending Secrets
- How to Avoid UDFI Taxes When Investing in Real Estate with your IRA
- Eight Best Kept Secrets About Investing with your IRA
- A Guide to 1031 Exchanges
- Top 20 Things Every Business Owner Needs to Know
- Recordkeeping: Keep the Receipt or Lose the Deduction
- Managing Your Properties with QuickBooks
- Powerful Cash Management Strategies
- 17 Steps to a Successful Joint Venture
- Get a Fast Fifteen Points on Your Credit Report
- 12 Warning Signs You’re Headed For A Lawsuit With Your Partner
- choosing entity type
- 8 Steps to a Payment Agreement
- Negotiate Better Lender Terms
- Foreclosure Process
Living Your Life by Design
By David Campbell On 02/19/2013 · Leave a Comment · In Investment Training, personal development
Living Your Life by Design
By professional real estate investor David Campbell
Today we’re going to talk about a system for getting everything that you always wanted in life. I call it making your Star Board. So grab a piece of paper and you can do this very simple exercise with me.
Start by drawing a star in the center. This is you; you’re the star of your own life and you get to write your own script in life. So we’ll script out the things that you want in life or in a given year. We’re going to make points of light shooting out from this particular star. We’ve got five sections of our paper, and I’m going to give you the secret five F-words for life. It’s not that F-word you’re thinking about; it’s one that’s a lot more powerful.
So we’re going to write up here the five F-words. Fun is really important. Your fitness is very important. Down here, your finances are very important. Over here, you’ve got your faith, or we can call this your philanthropy. And over here you’ve got your family. And the important part of the five F’s is balance in your life. Each of these parts of your life has certain objectives and outcomes written in them that you’re looking for. As you start to dream and write about the different things that you want for your life, you’re going to see whether your life that you’re creating by design is in balance, or whether everything is heavy toward one area.
So for example, at the beginning of every year, I start out and I think of all the fun things that I might want to do this year. I’m going to take a vacation with my family to DisneyWorld, I’m going to take my son on a train ride. And so I start writing those over here, the things that I want to do.
And over here for fitness goals, I’m going to write things like I’m going to go on a walk every day.
Over here in finances, I can make a very specific business goal. I’m going to purchase this many houses in a year, and originate so many loans, and add this many commercial properties to my portfolio.
Down here is my faith and my philanthropy. I’m going to attend this specific charity event, or make a contribution to a specific charity, or do some kind of meditation every day to build my spiritual life, my faith and my philanthropy.
Over here in family, I set very specific and measurable objectives. I want to make sure that I do bedtime with my son every day. That’s an important thing.
So once you start building up your five-pointed star and build your star life, then you’ve got a to-do list for your whole year or your whole month or whatever period of life that you’re designing. And if you do your to-do list, you’ll have a well-balanced life, and you’ll have everything that you wanted in life by design.